What I can help with?

  • Requests for updates from the Home Office on outstanding applications
  • Requests for expediting applications in particular circumstances
  • Enquiries about Home Office procedures
  • Enquiries regarding imminent removal and deportation cases
  • Direction toward other immigration advice and support organisations

Please note: I do not have the power to instruct the Home Office to change their decisions and I cannot guarantee that responses I receive from the Home Office will be the ones that you are hoping for



Contact me about an immigration issue

Please complete this form:

  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • Please summarise your issue and how you would like David to help Please include any relevant reference numbers, and the date of your applications
  • Max. file size: 0 bytes.
    e.g. medical information

Advice services & useful links

Local advice services

Haringey Migrant Support Centre

Email: info@haringeymsc.org

Enquiries Line – Thursdays from 10am: 020 4566 7412

Catch-up Line (for existing cases) – Thursdays 12pm to 2pm: 020 4566 7445


Haringey Law Centre

Email: info@haringeylawcentre.org.uk

Phone: 020 8808 5354


National immigration & refugee organisations

Refugee Council

Migrant Help

Asylum Aid

Frequently asked questions

Can you provide me with legal advice regarding my case with the UK Home Office?

I cannot offer professional legal advice in my capacity as a Member of Parliament, or in my role as Shadow Justice Secretary. Please see advice services section for organisations that will be able to provide free legal advice


Can you overturn a decision made by the Home Office on my immigration case?

A Member of Parliament has no authority over the Home Office and therefore I will not be able to change any decisions made by the Home Office regarding your case. I can point you in the direction of advice services and/or reputable lawyers who may be able to help you challenge a Home Office decision.


I currently have an outstanding application with the Home Office and my employer is unsure whether I still have the right to work in the UK. Can you help me find out

Yes, I can contact the Home Office on your behalf to gain clarification about your rights to work whilst you carry out an outstanding application with the Home Office.


Can you help me with my friend or relative’s immigration case?

I need to gain consent directly from the individual concerned before I can make any enquiries on their behalf. If they are a Tottenham constituent, please ask them to get in touch with me and I will do my best to help them with their case. If they do not speak English well and would like you to act on their behalf, this is possible, as long as I gain consent directly from them.


You have contacted the Home Office on my behalf but I haven’t received a response yet. Is there a problem?

If I have made representations on your behalf regarding an immigration matter to the Home Office, I will inform you as soon as I receive a response. The Home Office’s response time is usually 20 working days, but it is not uncommon for a response to take longer than this. If you have not heard from me and you have been waiting a very long time, or your situation has changed, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with me.



Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search