The COVID19 pandemic presents an unprecedented challenge for ourselves, our loved ones and our communities. During this time my caseworkers and I will continue to provide all possible assistance to constituents who have concerns or need advice and support.
Please also find the following list of websites and organisations for useful guidance, as well as information on how you can help others in the community.
Useful sources of information
• For latest health advice follow the NHS website.
• How to recognise the symptoms of COVID19/Coronavirus
• What is ‘social distancing’ and what can you do to help combat the spread of the virus?
• For tips on self-isolation.
• The government has made a commitment to support those in the private rental sector, including suspending evictions for 3 months, information for landlords and tenants can be found here.
• Find information of how to apply for discretionary housing payments if you find yourself struggling here.
• You can find out how to apply for a discretionary council tax reduction here.
• If you find yourself in housing difficulties, visit the dedicated Homes for Haringey page.
• To obtain up-to date Government updates visit this page.
• If you are abroad and having difficulties returning to the UK, you can get guidance from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
• You can read the Mayor of London Sadiq Khan’s latest updates here.
• Visit the following link for rolling updates from Haringey council.
• Keep up to date with tube station closures and changes to services.
• Visit Haringey Council Connected Communities if you are worried about the impact of coronavirus on your money, accessing essential items or accessing the support you need, you can also call the Council’s Connected Communities line on 020 8489 4431.
• Haringey together: Find out how you can help in your local community and what to do if you need support.
• The government has agreed measures with the energy industry to support vulnerable people through COVID-19, find out more.
• During this difficult time business rates have been suspended by Haringey, visit here for more updates.
• Changes to parking restrictions across Haringey are coming into force from Monday 23 March.
• Guidance for providers of residential care, supported living, and home care.
• Guidance for schools and educational settings.
• Guidance for social care settings.
Work and benefits
• Government support for businesses for dealing with Covid-19.
• If you are a local business and in need of support, visit the Haringey business support page.
• Get advice from IPSE (the Association of Independent Professionals and the Self Employed) on dealing with Covid-19.
• The Government tax helpline to support freelancers being affected by Covid-19.
• Information for those receiving Employment Support Allowance.
• Information for those receiving Universal Credit.
• The Federation of Small Businesses guidance for small businesses.
• ACAS (the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) workplace guidance on Covid-19 for employees and employers.
Mental Health support
• For young people: Kooth.
• For adults: Good Thinking.
• The Samaritans: or call 116 123
How to support others
• Anyone thinking of volunteering in the community should first read the following link from Haringey, which provides advice on staying safe for both volunteers and for those needing help.
Mutual aid groups
• Haringey together: Find our how you can help and what to do if you need support.
• Groups are being set up across Haringey to help those who are self-isolating and in need of support. You can find information on how to get involved at the Haringey COVID-19 Mutual Aid group on Facebook.
• You can also visit www.nextdoor.co.uk where there’s a “Coronavirus: Haringey neighbours supporting each other” page.
Food bank donations
• With people being made redundant, many will come to rely on foodbanks. Here's how you can help in Tottenham:
Make a Donation at: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/tottenham-foodbank
Donate food online at: https://www.bankuet.co.uk/tottenham
• Tottenham Town Hall will also accepting donations of food between 11.30 -18.30.